Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular treatments offered at our Memphis practice. These thin ceramic shells adhere to the front of your teeth to correct a wide range of aesthetic issues. Dr. Timothy Hacker offers highly lifelike veneers, made at an outstanding dental laboratory. He works carefully to ensure that your veneers are a near-perfect match to natural teeth. If you are concerned with severe dental stains, misshapen teeth, gaps in your smile, and other aesthetic issues, porcelain veneers may be the optimal solution for you. Contact us today to learn more about veneers and schedule your initial consultation.
The Porcelain Veneers Treatment Process
Porcelain veneers are custom-made to match the shape and color of your teeth. To place veneers, the dentist will first trim a small layer of enamel from your teeth. This process will keep your veneers from looking bulky. For patients who require a more significant amount of enamel removal, as well as those who suffer from dental anxiety, we can use a local anesthetic and nitrous oxide to keep you comfortable during treatment.
Then, Dr. Hacker will take impressions of your teeth. These impressions go to an offsite lab, where technicians will fabricate veneers that blend seamlessly with your smile. The laboratory offers a 10-day turnaround for custom veneers. While you wait for your veneers, Dr. Hacker can provide temporary veneers that will prevent dental sensitivity.
After your veneers have been sent back to our office, you will come in for your second appointment. The dentist will use a mild acid solution to lightly etch the front of your teeth. Then he will verify that your veneers fit comfortably and look natural. Finally, Dr. Hacker will attach the veneers with dental cement. You will immediately enjoy a dramatically improved smile, and you should also have full dental functionality.
Veneers can perform a wide range of functions, which is one of the reasons that this is such a popular treatment. Among other things, Dr. Hacker can use veneers to:
- Improve the appearance of your teeth’s shape: Veneers can enhance worn, broken, and chipped teeth.
- Cover stains: Veneers are particularly useful in masking intrinsic discoloration that does not respond to whitening treatment.
- Make minor orthodontic adjustments: Veneers can close gaps between teeth and change the appearance of slightly crooked teeth.
Dr. Hacker also offers LUMINEERS®. These thinner restorations work much like traditional veneers, but due to their smaller size, they require minimal enamel removal, if any. LUMINEERS® can perform many of the functions listed above. However, the porcelain is thinner and more translucent. Therefore, they may not be suitable for all patients. Dr. Hacker will outline the advantages of each treatment, and help you select the right one for your needs.
Benefits of Veneers
If you are considering cosmetic dental treatment, there are some important reasons to consider veneers:
- Veneers look extremely natural. They are customized to match your smile, and they offer a lifelike appearance.
- To care for your veneers, you must simply maintain good dental hygiene and schedule routine appointments with Dr. Hacker.
- When you care for your smile, your veneers could last ten years or more.
- Once your veneers are in place, you could enjoy a beautiful smile and a greater sense of confidence.