Weighing Traditional vs. Laser Gum Surgery
Dr. Timothy Hacker is a Barlett dentist who provides laser gum surgery in the Memphis, TN area. The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) is an innovative new method of treating gum disease that does not cause harm to healthy tissue. Laser gum surgery is often preferred over traditional gum surgery because is it less invasive and promotes better oral health. This means that there is less pain, less bleeding, and less risk of infection. Until now, the only available methods of treating gum disease involved cutting away tissue to reduce pocket depths. However, With LANAP® laser gum surgery, patients do not need to fear any unpleasant side effects.
Laser gum surgery offers several benefits over traditional surgery. These include:
- Faster healing – Laser gum surgery does not remove any healthy tissue from the gums. This makes it possible for the body to heal faster.
- Less pain – Because laser gum surgery does not require the use of a blade, there is less pain and discomfort involved. Patients generally do not require pain medication afterward.
- Less recession of the gum line – Because a smaller amount of tissue is removed, there is very little recession in the gum line.
- Minimal bleeding and inflammation – Laser gum surgery can remove bacteria from your mouth while leaving the healthy tissue intact. The result is less inflammation and less bleeding.
- Promotion of bone regeneration – LANAP® is able to stimulate bone and tissue regrowth surrounding the infected area. This means that we can often save teeth that would normally be deemed hopeless.
The secret to the success of LANAP®) is the PerioLase®MVP-7™. This is an innovative new laser that is able to distinguish between healthy and diseased tissue. This is how LANAP® laser gum surgery is able to remove diseased tissue without harming the healthy tissue. LANAP® is the first and only laser gum surgery to receive clearance from the FDA.
Dr. Timothy J. Hacker, located in Mephis, TN Area, is a Dentist who services patients from Memphis, TN, Germantown, TN, and Arlington, TN. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!
"We have plenty of time to listen to you and talk to you about your concerns and issues. Our patients are always treated with dignity and respect. You will always know how much a procedure will cost and how long it will take before we start. We will also do our best to help you understand what to expect. My website is a good source for information that will help guide you in making decisions concerning your treatment."Dr. Timothy J. Hacker