All-On-4® Dental Implants Can Restore Your Smile and Quality of Life
If you have lost most or all of your teeth, your ability to eat, speak, and chew can be significantly affected. Traditional removable dentures can restore your smile, but these prostheses can still slip, and may not offer the full support you need. Implant-supported dentures are able to provide unparalleled support and long-lasting restorations to replace a full dental arch. Standard implant-supported dentures require up to several dental implants, and sufficient jawbone tissue to support them. However, using the All-on-4® procedure, Dr. Timothy J. Hacker in Memphis, TN, can often provide implant-supported dentures to patients who have experienced jawbone degeneration from tooth loss. This innovative technique places only four implants at specific angles to support a full denture. If you are looking to restore your bite and achieve a fuller, more stable smile, schedule your consultation today.
The All-on-4® Procedure
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone to replace lost tooth roots. Traditional implants are placed vertically into the jaw, and require sufficient bone mass to support them. However, tooth loss causes jawbone atrophy, or degeneration, requiring that some patients receive a bone graft prior to implant placement. Because the All-on-4® method can support a full denture with only four implants, Dr. Hacker is often able to provide implant-supported dentures to patients with limited jawbone tissue without a preparatory procedure.
During surgery, two implants are surgically placed vertically in the front of the jaw. Two more implants are then placed at a 30 to 45 degree angle in the back of the jaw to maximize the remaining bone with limited impact. A temporary restoration can be attached the same day, allowing full function immediately following surgery. Healing typically takes about three to four months, during which time, the implants will fuse with your bone, becoming permanent fixtures in your jaw. Once you have fully healed, your temporary restoration will be replaced with a more permanent prosthesis.
With the special angled arrangement, the All-on-4® technique allows Dr. Hacker to provide you with a full denture the same day that you receive implants.
If you have suffered widespread tooth loss in one or both dental arches, you can usually receive implant-supported dentures using the ALL-on-4® method. This procedure is quite effective for those who have already begun to suffer from jawbone degeneration as a result of tooth loss. To be eligible for treatment, patients should be in good health, and any existing issues such as gum disease must be treated before implant placement.
Dental implants placed using the All-on-4® method provide numerous, far-reaching benefits:
- Shorter recovery time: Because the technique only places four implants, healing typically takes less time than with standard implant-supported denture procedures.
- Same-day restorations: With the special angled arrangement, the All-on-4® technique allows Dr. Hacker to provide you with a full denture the same day that you receive implants.
- No preparatory procedures: The All-on-4® method makes the most of current bone tissue, and can eliminate the need for bone graft treatment to restore lost bone mass.
- Excellent stability: Because implants fuse with your jawbone, they provide the ultimate level of support to restorations, allowing you to eat and speak with complete confidence, without alterations to your diet.
- Effective long-term results: Implants can last for decades, and even for the rest of your life.
- Jawbone preservation: Because implants replace lost tooth roots, they restore oral health, and send out regenerative signals that prevent future bone loss.
- Improved appearance: Your preserved jawbone will not alter in shape, eliminating the aged, sunken appearance associated with tooth loss.
Find Out How All-on-4® Can Change Your Life
If you are not satisfied with your dentures, or if your jaw has weakened over time, the All-on-4® method can provide an opportunity to experience the full benefits of implant-supported dentures. If you are seeking to rebuild your smile, and would like to know more, please contact us today.
"We have plenty of time to listen to you and talk to you about your concerns and issues. Our patients are always treated with dignity and respect. You will always know how much a procedure will cost and how long it will take before we start. We will also do our best to help you understand what to expect. My website is a good source for information that will help guide you in making decisions concerning your treatment."Dr. Timothy J. Hacker