Extensive dental damage can compromise your smile, oral function, and overall quality of life. If you have widespread decay and damaged teeth, you may believe that a healthy smile is beyond your grasp. During a full mouth reconstruction at his Memphis, TN, office, Dr. Timothy J. Hacker can use a combination of restorative procedures to repair your smile. Because the treatment is comprehensive, it can repair even the most extensive damage. After your reconstruction, your bite, smile, and self-confidence can all improve, helping you to enjoy life to the fullest.
Are You a Candidate for a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Dr. Hacker uses full mouth reconstructions to repair a range of oral health concerns, including:
- Missing teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Dental erosion
- An uneven bite
If you suffer from one or more such concerns, full mouth reconstruction may be right for you. The treatment can be especially beneficial if gum disease has taken a toll on your oral health.
What Is Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Your reconstruction will involve two or more restorative procedures. These could include:
- Crowns: Crowns can restore cracked, weakened, and severely decayed teeth. Our crowns are made from state-of-the-art zirconia for an extraordinarily lifelike appearance.
- Bridges: A bridge, made from multiple fused crowns, can replace one or more missing teeth. We offer traditional bridges, which rely on nearby teeth for support, as well as implant-supported bridges.
- Dental fillings: Fillings are the most common treatment for small- to medium-sized cavities. Our composite fillings will blend with your smile, and will form a stronger bond with your tooth than metal restorations.
- Dental implants: Dr. Hacker is known for his dental implants expertise. He offers all types of implant-supported restorations, including crowns, bridges, and dentures. In some cases, he can also provide ceramic implant posts, Teeth-in-a-Day, or All-on-4® dentures.
Dr. Hacker wants you to participate in the planning process. By working together, you can design a treatment that fits your health needs, budget, and cosmetic goals.
- Orthodontia: Dr. Hacker can provide vital orthodontic treatment to remove the risks of decay caused by overlapping teeth, and correct bite issues that can lead to temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Periodontal care: If you currently have untreated gum disease, Dr. Hacker will provide periodontal care before proceeding with full mouth reconstruction. He may also perform a soft tissue graft to replace tissue lost to periodontitis.
Once your oral health foundation has been repaired, Dr. Hacker may also recommend cosmetic treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile and emphasize your restored dental function.
Planning for Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction is different for each patient. To determine which procedures to include in your treatment, Dr. Hacker will provide a full consultation and exam. X-rays, cone beam scans, and CT (computerized tomography) scans will help him to diagnose oral health issues and determine the most appropriate treatments. Dr. Hacker also wants you to participate in the planning process. By working together, you can design a treatment that fits your health needs, budget, and cosmetic goals.
Restore Your Oral Health
A full mouth reconstruction can provide much needed repair to ensure your lasting oral health. To begin planning your customized full mouth reconstruction, contact our office today.